Airstream, manufacturer of the iconic riveted aluminum travel trailer, has announced the brand’s newest design-forward production model – the Airstream Globetrotter, which will be launched during Adobe MAX, The Creativity Conference, October 18.
The Airstream Globetrotter is the product of an international collaboration with Astheimer Limited, a renowned UK-based design studio. The interior of this new offering presents a modern, refined look that celebrates minimalism with supple curves and symmetry.
“Nearly 70 years ago our founder Wally Byam and his lifelong friend, Cornelius Vanderbilt, painted the word ‘Globe Trotters’ on the side of their Airstream and set out on a European adventure,” said Bob Wheeler, President and CEO of Airstream. “We created the Globetrotter to capture the spirit of Wally’s wanderlust, Neil’s fondness for Europe, and their mutual love of modern design. The end result is a travel trailer that blends the classic Airstream look with a style that truly sets it apart.”
The Globetrotter’s interior features a layer of contemporary sophistication with premium finishes and fixtures, including aluminum walls, panoramic windows, a curved headboard and cabinets, wrap-around upholstery, recessed speakers and backlighting throughout. The Globetrotter will be available in four interior décor choices based on the dark walnut and natural elm themes.
The Globetrotter has a host of design-centric features including:
- Tuft & Needle® adaptive foam mattress, low-profile nightstands, unique contemporary accent wall and a curved wrap-around headboard
- Hand-crafted Italian lite-ply laminated interior cabinetry
- Franke® high-rise faucet and Moen® oversized rectangular stainless-steel sink under-mounted to a Corian® countertop
- New overhead storage locker design with radius slim-fit doors and backlit interiors
- Power awning and window awning package with premium Sunbrella® fabrics (optional)
- Polk® audio system with recessed speakers
- Infinity Luxury Woven Vinyl™ flooring
- Globetrotter Essentials accessory kit with Oceanair® bedding
The 27ft Globetrotter is priced at $99,900 MSRP. Airstream dealers nationwide started receiving inventory in early October; consumers should visit their nearest authorized Airstream dealer.
For more information about The Globetrotter and other products in Airstream’s lineup, please visit www.airstream.com.