With the New Year comes new adventures, a new perspective, and another 365 days to experience and explore the world. Whether your resolutions are to step outside your comfort zone, see more of the world or even indulge a little, there’s no time like the present to book your next trip.
From experiencing the underwater magic of Fiji to learning to ride like a cowboy in Colorado, below are five unique experiences to tick off your bucket list in 2018:
- Learn to Dive in Fiji: There is no better place to learn SCUBA than the spectacular Jean-Michel Cousteau Resort in Fiji. It was Jean-Michel Cousteau’s legendary father, Jacques-Yves Cousteau, who pioneered SCUBA gear during World War II when he co-created the Aqua-Lung, a twin-hose underwater breathing apparatus, with which he and his crew were able to explore and film parts of the ocean depths that had never been seen before. With the unique advantage of Jean-Michel’s expertise, Jean-Michel Cousteau Resort is known for offering the best dive sites Fiji has to offer. Why not learn to dive on the world-class Namena reefs, one of the top 10 dive-sites in the world? What’s more, you can easily become certified to dive in as little as three days, and families can learn to dive together, with kids 10 years and up able to get in on the action. An introduction begins with in-pool instruction, a resort course, and then a shallow dive (up to 18 meters). From January 8 – March 28, 2018, Jean-Michel Cousteau Resort is offering a unique opportunity to stay six nights, pay four as part of its Dive & Rejuvenation Package, so you can start the New Year on a high.
- Watch the sky come to life with color at the world-renowned Balloon Fiesta: One of the world’s most photographed events, the Balloon Fiesta, takes over the skies in New Mexico for nine days each October. If hot air ballooning is on your bucket list, there’s no better place to experience it than the world’s largest hot air ballooning event, with hundreds of colorful balloons filling the skies each morning and evening. You can take in the sites from Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado, and while you’re there, explore the beauty of what this desert destination has to offer, with everything from whitewater rafting to horse-back riding, and even EQUUS, an innovative self-mastery program co-facilitated by horses. The resort’s Adventure Architect, Izzy Uzicanin, and his team of expert guides (including an archeologist, art historian and veteran National Park Ranger) will introduce you to the rich culture, history and magical landscape of northern New Mexico with personally curated itineraries – making it the perfect destination for adventure seekers.
- Learn to lasso like a cowboy at Gateway Canyons: Edging the Colorado/Utah border and cradled in the shadow of the Palisade rock formation, Gateway Canyons Resort & Spa is a luxurious world-class destination in the heart of the American West that offers guests a wide variety of adventurous excursions and luxurious accommodations. The resort’s on-site Palisade Ranch offers guests the chance to indulge in an authentic western experience with cowboy lessons, which include horseback riding instruction and learning basic stockman-ship in an arena with a small group of longhorn cross cattle. The ranch also offers daily trail rides, ranching education, roping lessons, and historic tours throughout the land showcasing the region’s mining industry. It’s like your very own West World! While you’re there, you can even take a Porsche 911 Carrera Coupe, Bentley Continental or Mercedes-Benz SL550 Roadster out for a spin as part of the resort’s Driven Experiences program.
- Visit 25 UNESCO World Heritage Sites in 48 Hours: If cultural experiences are high on your to-do list for 2018, Sands Resorts Macao, an integrated resort city and international hub for business and leisure travelers, offers guests the opportunity to see over 25 UNESCO World Heritage sites in 48 hours. The Sands Resorts are in the heart of Macao’s accommodation, event and entertainment district, offering easy access to the World Heritage sites. These sites of historical and cultural interest include ancient monuments, urban squares, fortresses, gardens, churches and temples. Visitors will learn about Macao’s rich history as the first European settlement in Asia and the coexistence of several cultures. For history buffs and global adventurers, it’s the perfect way to see it all.
- Take après to new levels on the slopes at Lake Tahoe: The first and only AAA Five Diamond resort in the Lake Tahoe region, The Ritz Carlton, Lake Tahoe is the perfect place to get a taste of luxury travel. Guaranteeing guests will create lasting memories, the resort’s Pinnacle Après Adventurist Winter Package is a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Available only to guests of the luxurious Residential Suite, the four-day experience includes the services of a personal Après Adventurist, who will hook you up with private heli-skiing/snowboarding experiences on remote vistas of the nearby Ruby Mountains, an Arctic Cat adventure tour, a snowmobile tour, a private snowshoe stargazing tour, and more. Set to arrive in style via private jet from San Francisco International Airport, guests will also enjoy private after-hours access to The Ritz-Carlton Spa, Lake Tahoe; an in-residence dinner prepared by the resort’s executive chef; in-room sommelier service or a lively mixologist experience; a private Marshmology experience including a s’mores bar; as well as a Chef Table dinner experience in Manzanita to really seal the deal.