In today’s multi-tasking world with the constant barrage of technology-driven e-mails, texts and news, travelers are discovering that being somewhere completely remote and off the grid is the new “luxury.” Finding a place left in the world that is unpolluted, unplugged and undisturbed seems to be more and more rare. AdventureWomen’s upcoming tour to New Zealand from February 26 to March 9, 2018, seeks to create the experience of that true “luxury” in its first ever trip to Great Barrier Island.
The mother-daughter trio who owns AdventureWomen sees luxury in a different light from those who measure thread count, Michelin stars and TripAdvisor ratings. To them, true luxury is experiencing a place few others ever see; and there are few places quite as remote as Great Barrier Island, lying 30 miles off the coast of New Zealand, where the family has had a home of its own since 1987.
“Growing up, Nicole and I spent every Christmas with our parents on Great Barrier Island,” says co-owner, Erica Landerson, “and this untouched island is scattered with raw, wild forests and represents a special place for us.” AdventureWomen’s New Zealand vacation for women also offers meetups with local personalities who are the very essence of local New Zealand culture, including, beekeepers, fishermen and B.K. Iyengar-taught yoga instructors.
Judi Wineland of AdventureWomen sees “luxury” as the opportunity for women to experience unique, “only in New Zealand” opportunities such as:
- Heli-hiking on the peaks of New Zealand’s South Island
- Walking through virgin forests with a naturalist learning about New Zealand’s many ecosystems
- Sharing lunch with local New Zealand women who are the epitome of resourcefulness and hardiness
- Enjoying relaxing spa treatments by Thai-trained masseuses
- Tasting native New Zealand Pinot Noir and Sauvignon Blanc wines
- Sinking your fingers deep into the wool of a sheep and feeling the purest form of lanolin
Erica adds, “We’re so excited to show our travelers the place we call home, where so many of the childhood memories that forged our love for the outdoors and adventure were born.”
To learn more about AdventureWomen’s trip to New Zealand, please visit:
For a complete list of 2018 destinations and itineraries, please visit: