Jean-Michel Cousteau Resort, Fiji – the eco-friendly resort has released a South Pacific Dive & Rejuventation Package – which includes two free nights and free diving – following the introduction of three incredible new dive sites at the resort.
Jean-Michel Cousteau Resort has access to the best dive sites Fiji has to offer, including the world-class Namena reef which is recognized as one of the top 10 dive sites in the world and offers the largest variety of fish and coral on the planet.
The resort will soon introduce three incredible new dive sites for guests, including:
- Manta Mount: Soon to be added to the award-winning Cousteau Dive Centre’s rotation, from July to February guests will be able to visit Manta Mount, where majestic Oceanic Manta Rays can be observed at 40 feet around their cleaning station, often performing “barrel rolls” to retrace their path. This is a bucket list site for many divers around the world.
- Grand Central Station: A wall dive descending 90 feet, this is an expansive site, often with 60 to 70-foot visibility. Diving next to a wall that drops into the ocean a thousand feet, the incoming tide brings upwelling from the wall and incredible schools of pelagic fish, hence it’s name. Many say diving this site feels like being in space because of the clear water.
- Chimneys: Inspiring animations for Finding Nemo, Chimney’s features two coral heads ascending from 90 feet which are covered with some of the most diverse soft and hard coral life one could ever hope to see. Spiralling down the first head, divers reach a sandy bottom where Garden Eels can be admired, before traversing to the second head where animation was sketched for “Finding Nemo”.
Catering for qualified divers to beginners, the award-winning Cousteau Dive Centre can help anyone from the age of 10 up to tick diving off their bucket list. Thanks to frequent visits to the resort, many guests have even enjoyed the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to dive with Jean-Michel Cousteau himself.
In celebration of the new dive sites, guests who book the South Pacific Dive & Rejuvenation Package will receive an additional two nights for free, with the choice of one of the following combinations:
- Three 1-tank dives for 2 adults (must be certified diver)
- Three 1-tank dives for 1 adult and three 1-hour “Bobo” massages for the other adult (must be a certified diver)
- Half-day resort certification course and a 1-tank dive for 1 adult and three 1-hour “Bobo” massages for the other adult.
The South Pacific Dive & Rejuvenation Package is around US$2200 per adult, all inclusive. The package is valid through Mar 28, 2018; May 1 – May 31, 2018; Oct 14 – Dec 20, 2018; and Jan 6 – Mar 31, 2019.
With Fiji Airways offering more direct flights than ever from the West Coast, there’s no better time for diving enthusiasts and adventure seekers to visit this stunning underwater destination.