Mendocino Grove will re-open Friday, May 11 for its 2018 season. Founded in late 2016 by St. Helena-based couple Teresa Raffo and Chris Hougie – the creative force behind the beloved Cornerstone Sonoma – Mendocino Grove is a modern camping experience on Northern California’s picturesque Mendocino Coast. Reservations are currently open for the 2018 season, which runs from May 11 through October 31, 2018.
Located on a forest bluff overlooking the Pacific Ocean, Mendocino Grove is ideally situated beside the village of Mendocino, a picturesque destination with stunning ocean vistas, gorgeous beaches and rivers, unique boutiques and art galleries, interesting restaurants and cafes, and much more. The campground is a convenient two-minute drive or 20-minute walk from the heart of Mendocino. From coastal hikes to farm-to-table dinners and wine tasting, the region offers a number of exciting activities and experiences.
Encompassing 37 acres, the property features 60 spacious Safari-style Classic and Family tents, fully-outfitted with comfortable beds, warm down comforters, wool blankets, crisp cotton linens, lanterns, and more. Each tent is located atop a wooden platform with a redwood deck furnished with leather butterfly-chairs, an ideal setting for relaxing and enjoying the beauty of the surrounding forest. Additionally, every campsite includes a picnic table and fire ring ideal for intimate fireside storytelling, cooking, and warmth during the cool mornings and evenings. Wheelchair accessible tents are also available.
Property highlights and amenities include:
- Luxurious bathroom facilities with hot showers, complimentary EO bath products, fresh cotton towels, and well-appointed restrooms
- Communal area for guests with a group campfire (lit daily in the mornings and evenings) and Adirondack chairs
- Picnic tables, bocce ball court, horse shoes, games and books
- Hammocks strung throughout the meadow
- Private hiking trail with complimentary guided hikes on the weekends
- Close access to the on-property, 45-minute Fern Canyon Loop Trail for all skill levels with stunning views of the towering and majestic grand firs, lush fern groves, sweeping meadows, coastal bluffs, and gorgeous beaches
- Complimentary outdoor breakfast bar serving freshly brewed Thanksgiving Coffee from nearby Fort Bragg, hot cocoa, and tea with a light breakfast of yogurt, fruit, and trail bars
- Gas barbeques and a designated area for food preparation
- Sinks with hot water for pre-meal prep and post-meal clean-up
- Hot beverage bar
- Reliable Wi-Fi
- Dog-friendly property ($20/night with a refundable deposit), including a dog washing station
- Firewood, s’mores kits and camp boxes available for purchase
- Access to nearby hiking trails, beaches, canoeing and kayaking
In addition to being a popular destination for couples and families, Mendocino Grove is a prime option for group trips. Whether planning a company retreat, a trip with friends, or a family reunion, Mendocino Grove is an excellent choice, with many group-friendly activities both on-site and nearby. Based on availability, guests can reserve entire group sites for private gatherings and retreats.
For reservations at Mendocino Grove, please book online or call (707) 880-7710.