Amid volcanic and glacial landscapes in West Iceland, guests travel on horseback, hike nature trails, experience backcountry hospitality at a family-run horse farm, and mingle with fellow travelers on a nature and heritage walk around Husafell.
Independent spirits can customize their journey with trips to nearby Langjokull glacier and the world’s largest lava cave, as well as on-property activities like outdoor thermal swimming, Northern Lights hunting and mountain biking.
Iceland’s small size, low crime-rate, friendly citizenry of English-speaking residents and transformative travel experiences make it an attractive destination for the rapidly growing solo travel trend.
‘HIKING AND HORSES’ PACKAGE
Tailor-made for solo wanderers and discounted 30% off regular rates, the package includes:
• 3 night stay at Hotel Husafell, a member of National Geographic Unique Lodges of the World
• Private hiking in Husafell Nature Reserve with local expert guide
• Visit to family-run Sturlureykir Horse Farm in Reykholt for an introduction to the Icelandic horse and brief riding lesson
• Horseback riding with fellow travelers along a unique hot-spring river
• A taste of geothermally baked earth bread
• An evening stroll with your fellow hotel guests on a heritage walk around Husafell
• Soak in Iceland’s spa culture and mingle with the locals at the outdoor Husafell thermal baths
• Experience Float water wellness therapy
• Mountain bike rental
• Daily breakfast
• Wi-fi, parking & taxes
Ice cave and lava cave excursions available upon request and bookable from the hotel.
For a complete list of activities click here: https://www.hotelhusafell.com/offers/hiking-and-horses-solo-adventure.
Package rate for three night stay from $1,310 available through October 31, 2018.
Hotel Husafell is the only 4-star resort dramatically located just steps away from Langjokull Glacier in West Iceland. Surrounded by the region’s renowned attractions, Saga sites, highlands and nature inspired adventure activities, the hotel appeals to outdoor loving travelers seeking elegant surroundings. The resort-style property features 48 design-centric guestrooms, gourmet restaurant with glacier views, thermal spa, GEO certified golf course and hiking trails. Fully self-sustainable, the resort is powered by 100% clean, renewable energy produced on site. Hotel Husafell is a proud member of National Geographic Unique Lodges of the World.
More information can be found at www.hotelhusafell.com; or email firstname.lastname@example.org.