Off the Map Travel offers the chance for guests to take a new adventure into the Jungle of Costa Rica where they will arrive into Costa Rica’s leading luxury jungle lodge on a white-water raft having negotiated the local rapids on a transfer like no other.
Included in a new Costa Rica Rainforests and Rivers itinerary, this one off lodge has no roads to it, so the preferred mode of transport is along one of the world’s most renowned white water rivers through thick jungles, past lush farmland, and alongside towering volcanoes.
Jonny Cooper, adventure travel expert and founder of Off the Map Travel, said; “As you make your way down river negotiating class III and IV rapids, you can listen for the welcome call of the monkeys, watch vibrant blue butterflies dancing in the sun and stop at waterfalls tumbling into the river. The rapids and excitement of the white water then give way to calm as you approach a true jungle paradise in the form of Pacuare Lodge. It’s a magical way to arrive and one of the most memorable transfers we do.”
For those without the need for adventure, you can also arrive by land on a 4×4 expedition vehicle leading to a hanging gondola to cross the river to the lodge; or directly into the lodge by helicopter.
The Pacuare River and jungle are home to many birds and mammals where guests will stay in a choice of luxury suites by water and in the canopy of the rainforest. Suites range from the uber luxury 350 square meter Jaguar Suite complete with generous terrace, wildlife viewing platforms and a spring-fed pool; to the more modest 62 square meter River Suites which are equally well appointed including a king-sized canopy bed with fine linens and a private terrace.
The family-owned lodge has a commitment to sustainability and community involvement that is unmatched. Sustainable construction is supported by water projects, electricity generation on site and the lodges own commitment to conservation which has seen it purchase 340 hectares (840 acres) of primary rainforest along the Pacuare River. The end result is that all of the lodges tours are carbon neutral.
Staff at the lodge are also employed from nearby communities and 95% of our rafting guides are from Turrialba, the closest city to the lodge. The lodge donates school supplies and other materials to three primary schools in the communities nearest to the lodge and accept donations from guests which 100% go to local schools.
To complete a stay, guests have the choice of a wide range of available activities including spa treatments and facilities, white-water rafting (on the river voted one of the top 10 white water rafting the destinations in the world*), guided wildlife and hiking tours, volcano tours, ziplining as well as indigenous cultural and culinary experiences.
While every Off the Map Travel holiday is tailor-made to suit the requirements of each guest, as an example, a luxury 12-day, 11-night itinerary to Costa Rica, including a stay at Pacuare Lodge, is priced from £4985 per person, excluding flights.
This includes private transfers; a full-day tour of Poas Volcano; Espiritu Santo Coffee Tour; a helicopter transfer to Pacuare Lodge; a jungle canopy adventure; a guided hike on the Sendero de las Mulas trail; departure from Pacuare Lodge via a white-water raft; Arenal Volcano National Park hike; a treetop hike with a naturalist guide including a zip-line circuit through the canyons; accommodations at Pacuare Lodge, Playa Cativo Eco Lodge, Xandari and Arenal Nayara; a wildlife and tropical bird tour a kayaking tour.
Jonny Cooper, founder of Off the Map Travel, said; “Our new Costa Rica experiences offer the perfect mix of adventure and luxury. With the majesty of the jungle and sounds of the Pacuare River, birds, monkeys and other local wildlife providing the soundtrack to your stay, you will not only have a memorable stay, but also find a slice of luxury nestled in the heart of the jungle.”
Pacuare Lodge accommodation includes:
- Linda Vista Suite: 230 square meter suite perched on a ridge amidst exuberant tropical greenery and with unmatched river views; clean, bright and natural design with luxury appointments. Sleeping two, the suite comes with its own private spring fed pool, double bedroom, living room and deck.
- Canopy suite: Sat amongst the treetops, this well-appointed bungalow enjoys a 180-degree rainforest view ans comes with a private suspension bridge that leads from the deck to a platform high in a massive rainforest tree that affords a sweeping view of the Pacuare River and surrounding jungle. The suite is elegantly furnished and holds a king-size, canopy bed. The adjacent covered deck has a hammock and seating area, and the entire suite opens onto a sundeck with a small stone swimming pool fed by spring water.
- River View Deluxe: A 91 square meter private retreat with tranquil luxury and design and a private terrace that opens on to stunning waterfront deck with views of the Pacuare River and the surrounding jungle. The suite features a king-size canopy bed with crisp 300-thread Egyptian cotton linens and superior Beautyrest mattress®, exquisite décor, natural design with hardwood flooring.
- River Suites: A smaller 62 square meters suite with understated luxury, sustainable construction, and the sounds of the rainforest combine to create a blissfully restful stay. Each suite has a private terrace that opens to landscaped native bush gardens and a stunning view of thick rainforest that cascades down a mountainside opposite the Pacuare River. Each suite includes a luxuriously appointed king-size canopy bed.
- Jaguar Villa: The largest and most luxurious property at 350 square meters combines thoughtful luxury with complete immersion in the tropical rainforest. Nestled next to the Pacuare River, the Jaguar Villa includes simple, elegant design that combines hardwood floors and teak furniture with ample open areas for admiring the surrounding nature, including a terrace complete with a spring-fed pool, outdoor showers, and spacious bathrooms.