Sojourn Bicycling & Active Vacations will offer six new tours in 2019 and expand beyond North America for the first time with trips in Europe and Asia. Guests will spend their days exploring destinations around the globe, immersing themselves in local culture and relaxing in luxury accommodations from historic to modern at night. The company will also offer electric assist bikes next year on all trips where e-bikes are permitted to help guests better enjoy the experience. For more information about Sojourn Bicycling & Active Vacations, visit https://gosojourn.com/ or call 800-730-4771.
Sojourn’s new tours in Europe will visit the Alps in France, Rioja and Basque Country in Spain, and the Douro Valley wine region in Portugal, while the new tour in Asia will visit the temples and ruins of Vietnam and Cambodia. New North American tours will visit Southern Vermont, and Glacier and Waterton Lakes national parks in the Rocky Mountains of Montana and Canada.
Highlights of the new tours include:
- France: Annecy, Chamonix and the Rhone Alps: Pedal up one of the climbs in the 2018 Tour de France, explore the Alps on bike and foot, and stay at the Imperial Palace in Annecy and Relais & Chateaux’s five-star Hameau Albert 1er in Chamonix. Six-day tour with departures available June 16, June 23, Sept. 15 and Sept. 22, 2019. Starts at $4,550 per person based on double occupancy.
- Spain: Basque Country and Rioja Wine Region: Taste wine and view art at the Vivanco Winery and Museum, ride to a fortress village in Rioja and coastal communities in Basque Country, and stay in modern and majestic hotels. Six-day tour with departures available May 5, May 19, Oct. 6 and Oct. 13, 2019. Starts at $4,595 per person based on double occupancy.
- Portugal: Porto, Vinho Verde and Douro Valley: Bike over the Ponte Eiffel, along the Camino de Santiago and into the heart of the Douro Valley wine region, try young wine and fortified port, and cruise the river. Six-day tour with departures available Sept. 8, Sept. 15, Oct. 13 and Oct. 20, 2019. Starts at $4,300 per person based on double occupancy.
- Vietnam and Cambodia’s Angkor Ruins: Ride past rice paddies and through untouched villages, visit temples and ruins, learn about Vietnamese cuisine in a cooking class, and stay in riverside hotels overlooking UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Nine-day tour with departures available Oct. 13, Oct. 27, Nov. 10 and Dec. 29, 2019, and Jan. 12 and Jan. 26, 2020. Starts at $5,500 per person based on double occupancy.
- Glacier National Park and Waterton Lakes: Cycle over the Continental Divide on Glacier’s famed Going-to-the-Sun Road, ride among ice-carved valleys and lakes, and stay in the historic Prince of Wales Hotel, one of the most photographed in the world, and Glacier Park Lodge, with Douglas fir logs towering over the lobby. Seven-day tour with departures available Aug. 18, Aug. 25 and Sept. 8, 2019. Starts at $3,495 per person based on double occupancy.
- Southern Vermont Bike Tour: Ride through covered bridges and along country roads from Manchester to Woodstock, Vermont, visiting a historic mansion and country store, a craft brewery and glass blowing shop, and staying at elegant resorts. Six-day tour with departures available Aug. 4, Aug. 18 and Aug. 25, 2019. Starts at $2,995 per person based on double occupancy.
Additional details for all six new Sojourn tours are available at https://gosojourn.com/bicycle-tour-categories/new-tours/.
Also in 2019, e-bikes will be available on a first-come, first-served basis on all trips where permitted for an additional $150 fee per person. Electric pedal assist (no throttle) provides an effortless boost that helps guests of varying abilities ride in comfort, allowing them to better enjoy the experience.
Sojourn Bicycling & Active Vacations
Sojourn Bicycling & Active Vacations has been thoughtfully designing boutique trips that bring together outdoor adventure, cultural immersion, distinctive accommodations and world-class tour leaders for over 15 years. Today, the award-winning travel company offers over 20 trips that include bicycling, kayaking, hiking, rafting, walking, sailing and more across North America, Europe and Asia. For more information, visit https://gosojourn.com or call 800-730-4771.