Grasshopper Adventures is offering a brand new cycling tour of Northern Thailand. This 9-day journey takes riders from the sites of Chiang Rai, through rural mountain landscapes and lush forests, to Chiang Mai. Northern Thailand, bordering Laos and Myanmar, is known for its forested mountains inhabited by several hill tribes, each with its own language and culture. Guests will discover impressive Buddhist landmarks by bike, enjoy breathtaking views, and immerse themselves in spectacular nature on this active holiday. Departures are available in October, November, and January with prices starting at $2,800 per person double.
The journey begins in the city of Chiang Rai, home to the famous White Temple. After exploring the local night market, guests will ride to the dramatic Doi Chiang Dao Mountain, one of the highest peaks of the Daen Lao Range, where their efforts will be rewarded with jaw-dropping views. Here they’ll have the chance to pedal through Pha Daeng National Park, past impressive limestone karsts and idyllic waterfalls.
Next, the group will cycle to the sloping landscapes of Maetang, where they’ll visit an elephant sanctuary. From there, riders will proceed to Chiang Mai, perhaps the most well-known city in Northern Thailand, where holidaymakers will delve into the local culture on a food tour showcasing the region’s flavorful (and often spicy!) cuisine, and then visit the spiritual sites of Doi Suthep and the Monk’s Trail.
- Pedaling to the iconic White Temple, Wat Rong Khun
- Visiting an expert in sustainable coffee plantations
- Taking a longtail boat transfer up the Kok river
- Cycling the hills of the Araksa Tea Plantations
- Trekking, white-water rafting, or ziplining in Chiang Mai
- Taking a cooking class about traditional Northern Thai cuisine
- Enjoying a culinary tour of Chiang Mai
- Riding to the Wat Phra That Doi Suthep, a Theravada Buddhist temple
For more information, visit https://www.grasshopperadventures.com/multi-day-cycling-tours/chiang-mai-kingdoms-of-the-north-bike-tour/.