Yellowstone is the most popular show on cable television, and its ratings seemingly won’t stop climbing. The seventh episode of Season 2 marked Yellowstone’s most-watched episode (5.4 million viewers), according to Paramount Network. On the show, Kevin Costner stars as the patriarch of the Dutton family, owners of the largest ranch in the United States.
All the buzz around the hit show has created newfound demand for luxury guest ranch vacations. Holidaymakers from across the globe have been contacting top-tier vacation ranches hoping to replicate the lifestyle they see on Yellowstone. In fact, according to the owners of Red Reflet Ranch (pictured), a luxury guest ranch in Ten Sleep, Wyoming, vacationers have even requested to be called the names of Yellowstone characters during their stay.
Here are 5 luxury guest ranches in the American West where guests can experience the cowboy lifestyle of the Dutton family on Yellowstone.
1. Red Reflet Ranch is a 27,000+ acre luxury resort and working ranch in Ten Sleep, Wyoming. Activities include an array of equestrian programs, mountain biking & hiking on 100+ miles of trails, ATV tours, shooting ranges, fly fishing, family-friendly activities (climbing wall, natural water park, zip-line), cooking classes, farm-to-table cuisine and more. All guests stay in private luxury chalets at the all-inclusive ranch.
2. The High Lonesome Ranch sits along the Western Slope of the Colorado Rockies. With a national park-scale landscape perfectly situated to help connect large ecosystems, High Lonesome Ranch is located on a key habitat corridor. Fly-fishing for five species of trout, wing-shooting for upland game birds in pristine coverts, dude ranch weeks where families and friends can participate in real cattle drives, glamorous camping in safari-style tents, family reunions, weddings, corporate group retreats, big game hunting, and personal getaways beckon.
3. The Ranch at Rock Creek, located in the heart of Western Montana, is the world’s only Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star ranch and a National Geographic Unique Lodge of the World in the United States. Originally a working ranch homesteaded in the early 1900’s, owner Jim Manley opened it as an all-inclusive guest ranch in 2010. Set among 10 square miles of rugged Montana ranchland, the ranch offers guests over 30 outdoor recreational activities, and dozens of unique accommodations featuring four different styles (lodge rooms, canvas cabins, historic barn and luxury homes), memorable ranch cuisine, and a full-service spa. Families, couples and friends will discover that The Ranch at Rock Creek is a special place that offers the best of America’s “true West” without sacrificing true comfort.
4. Brush Creek Ranch, named the Conde Nast Traveler Reader’s Choice #1 Resort in the USA and Top 5 Resort in the World, offers majestic scenery, limitless luxury and endless adventure across 30,000 acres of wilderness in Saratoga, Wyoming. Situated in the heart of Wyoming’s famed Platte River Valley, this all-inclusive destination resort is exclusively designed for discerning travelers, ambitious adventurers, corporate group retreats and family ranch vacations.
5. Sorrel River Ranch is an exclusive 240-acre riverside oasis surrounded by the spectacular scenery of Utah’s iconic arches, canyonlands, and red rock mesas. Southeastern Utah’s premiere ranch resort elevates the guest experience by offering unparalleled services and customized experiences with authentic western hospitality, local knowledge, gourmet farm meals, and a genuine commitment for responsible land stewardship. The Ranch is framed by the Colorado River, 17 miles outside of Moab, Utah, the Adventure Capital of the West and the gateway to Arches and Canyonlands National Parks.