Gondwana Ecotours is offering a 7-day “Alaska Northern Lights Ecotour.” Guests will get a dose of local culture by day and photograph the Aurora Borealis under the massive Alaskan sky by night. Highlights of the tour include dog sledding through snowy forests, hiking alongside a family of reindeer, taking curling lessons from locals in Fairbanks, soaking in the geothermal Chena Hot Springs, learning to photograph the Aurora Borealis from a professional photographer, snowshoeing on private land, and exploring the Ice Sculpture Museum. Gondwana Ecotours is offering an array of Alaska Northern Lights departures from September 2019 – March 2020. The tour starts at $2,795 per person double.
Guests will view the Northern Lights displays from a family-owned lodge with magnificent panoramic views. During the day there will be time to explore Fairbanks, take an exciting sled dog ride, or rejuvenate in the natural hot springs at Chena. Fairbanks is situated within a ring-shaped region around the North Pole called the auroral oval. This location affords a terrific balance of occurrence, frequency and activity of Northern Lights.
Each Alaska Northern Lights tour is limited to 12 guests and includes cozy accommodations and personal wake-up calls when Aurora is active.
- Witness the magic of the Northern Lights, including personal wake-up calls when the Aurora appears.
- Ride dogsleds through the snowy spruce forests and fields of the great Alaskan wilderness.
- Explore an ice sculpture museum and enjoy a drink at their famous ice-bar.
- Discover how locals live in Interior Alaska from natives and homesteaders.
- Soak in steaming geothermal hot springs under the starry night sky as you watch for the Aurora.
- Hike in the forest with friendly reindeer, feeding them and learning from the family who raises them.
Gondwana Ecotours is committed to providing sustainable travel, maintaining an environmental and cultural focus, and offering the vacation of a lifetime. Tour the Amazon Rainforest with indigenous guides, encounter some of the world’s last remaining mountain gorillas in Rwanda, visit with the Maasai people of Tanzania, hike with grizzlies in Alaska, explore Cuba, and more. https://www.gondwanaecotours.com/ecotours-sustainable-tourism/